In case you forgot – the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is happening right NOW. I’m sure you’re starting to get sick of hearing about it, but there are some really great pieces included in the sale that must be shared. Some years are better than others. And I have to say, this year’s sale is a hit. I suggest sticking with the basics and there’s no reason to buy designer. Some of my favorite brands included in the sale are Halogen and KUT. Here are my top 5 picks:
KUT from the Kloth Connie Step Hem Ankle Jeans
I already bought these. They are comfortable and I love the color. The step hem gives them the perfect edge.
Gibson Tie Front Cozy Fleece Pullover
The name says it all.
Halogen Textured Elbow Sleeve Tunic Dress
Picked this one up to wear to work and meetings. It’s basically a sweatshirt and super cozy.
Halogen Side Tie Cashmere Sweater
My favorite piece I bought. I’ve never owned a cashmere sweater. This one is perfect. It’s on the longer side (which I love) and the ties on the side give it a little something extra.
Halogen Modal Jersey V-Neck Tee
A staple. And for only $22, get more than one. I have a hard time finding tees that are the right length and this one hits right at the top of my thigh (I’m 5′ 8″). And it’s sooo soft!
I love all types of movies. Drama, action, thrillers…but romantic comedies are my favorite. I re-watch the same ones over and over again. They never get old. And I watch them even more around Christmastime – a few of my favorites are Christmas themed (Love Actually, White You Were Sleeping, Serendipity). There’s just something about a good love story this time of year. So, do you agree with any of my favorites? What romantic comedy do you watch over and over again?
- Two Weeks Notice
- A Lot Like Love
- You’ve Got Mail
- It’s Complicated
- Sleepless in Seattle
- Love Actually
- Never Been Kissed
- Notting Hill
- Crazy Stupid Love
- Groundhog Day
- He’s Just Not That Into You
- While You Were Sleeping
- My Big Fat Greek Wedding
It’s peony season // photo by yours truly
Below is a round up of some of my favorite internet finds of the week. Check them out this weekend.
Cook this delicious looking zoodle recipe from Lake Shore Lady. I’m obsessed with zoodles, but need some new ideas for what to do with them. This one looks so good.
Off the shoulder tops and dresses are all the rage this season. Check this dress out from ASOS – it’s only $25. It’s a great cover up option for the beach and pool. It comes in black, red, yellow, pink and white.
Subscribe to theSkimm. I recently heard about theSkimm, and have been hooked ever since. It’s a daily email newsletter with quick snapshots and current events that should be on your radar. theSkimm makes it easier to start a conversation and keeps you up-to-date on top news. Sign up here. Not to mention, it’s whitty and funny – and written by women for women. It’s now the first thing I read when I wake up.
I love listening to movie soundtracks. They provoke the same feelings you get when you watch the actual movie. I listen to the Little Women soundtrack a lot, especially around Christmas. Check out this list of the 20 best movie soundtracks that define cool. The Social Network music is so haunting!
Happy Friday! We have conquered the first week of February. It was unusually warm early in the week (50 degrees!) for Michigan. It had me longing for spring already and a trip to the Northwest (hello drizzly mild winters). Here’s what caught my eye this week around the internet.
- I found this blog post about trying five new fitness classes from A Cup of Jo candid and relatable. I love pilates reformer, but want to try a new class. I recently joined a gym that includes classes like cycling, yoga, ab blast and more. I’m going to try a new one next this weekend.
- Look at this pretty iPhone case. It has a “tough case” option for clumsy people like me. I completely shattered the screen of my iPhone for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I replaced the screen right away, but have already cracked the corner of the new one! The tough case is constructed as a two-piece, impact resistant, flexible plastic case with an extremely slim profile and extra shock dispersion. A flexible rubber liner provides a secure fit and feel without compromising style…according to the website.
- I love romantic movies (my all time fav is Pride and Prejudice). I recently heard about Me Before You and watched the trailer (it’s based on this book). It looks so, so good. And Emilia Clarke as the lead?! She’s finally breaking free from Game of Thrones…and it looks like she’s going to be totally adorable (and perfectly cast) in the movie.
- 31 Life Lesson They Don’t Teach You in School. I was going to pick a couple of my favorites to highlight, but they are really great. The list should be called “31 Things to Practice Everyday.”
- A pretty top from Ann Taylor.
*I could not find the original source of this image. I found it on Pinterest.
TGIF! Its been a cold and snowy week here in Michigan, so I’m looking forward to a weekend of hibernation. Here is another round up of some interesting articles and tid bits to check out this weekend.
One of the looks from the Who What Wear Clothing Line at Target / image via
- Have you heard about the exciting collaboration between Who What Wear and Target? On January 31, Target is launching a new clothing line in partnership with Who What Wear. Here’s a sneak peak of the lookbook. The best part? Everything is under $50 and comes in sizes 2 to 26.
- 19 Books to Read Before the Move Comes Out in 2016. The Girl on the Train has been sitting on my book shelf for way to long. I must start reading it soon. I didn’t realize How to be Single was a book, but I’m looking forward to seeing the chick flick. I’m not a huge fan of Dakota Johnson, but I love Rebel Wilson and Alison Brie. Tom Hanks returns as Robert Landon in Inferno. I’m a HUGE Tom Hanks fan and I love Felicity Jones…and who didn’t love The DaVinci Code?! I am curious to find out if the two stories are related.
- Did you catch Obama’s final State of the Union? Get a re-cap here.
I’m really looking forward to this weekend – it’s supposed to be sunny and in the 60’s here in Michigan. Hello, spring!
I have some yummy recipe posts planned for blog in the next few days. You can get a sneak peak on my Instagram. In the mean time, here are some fun things to check out:
- I have been reading a lot about capsule wardrobes. Most of the capsule wardrobes I see out there aren’t created for those of us who have a full-time office job, but I finally came across a great resource, Stylebook.
- This floorplan of an adorable 1924 cottage. I could live there!
- I want to try pickling vegetables. I found this simple recipe on Love & Lemons. You could add those pickled onions to anything – eggs, burgers, tacos. Yum!
- This article on BuzzFeed with lots of resources how to take care of house plants. I really want to get a fiddle leaf fig.
It’s a happy Friday indeed. That beautiful image of NYC is from 99 Travel Tips. I have a trip planned for NYC over Memorial day weekend with my girlfriends, and I cannot wait for the reunion.
Here’s another round up of my weekly internet finds:
- Did you know you can create a font from your OWN handwriting?! It’s really easy – it took me about ten minutes.
- This little structured number from Zara. A two toned handbag. I’m in love.
- 15 Must-Try Healthy Breakfasts from Pinch of Yum.
- Looking for the perfect nude lipstick? Check out this list of ten from Beautiful Makeup Search.